A persistant flu has reduced my sewing hours to minimum lately but I have been busy otherwise. My son turns two years old next week and it was about time to get him a new bed. I was lucky to find this old children’s bed from the flee market last week. It was made sometime in the mid last century and needed a lot of fixing. Now after lot of sanding and painting, it is finally ready. I made a duvet cover and a pillowcase from bright yellow retro fabrics to add some colour. Then few Huggables as bed buddies and the bed is ready for sweet dreams.
I was asked to make a couple of retro pillow cases out of this amazing 70s curtain with green flowers. It was manufactured by E. Helenius and is called Tropiikki. It was a nice change to design and make something different for a change. I decided to add some black and white to calm down the print slightly and I think the green fabric comes out lovely like this. The black and white fabrics are old table cloths. I do hope they fit well to their new retro home.